hr = 80070070 error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to output HDview from Photoshop running on Windows 7 64 bit for a 120,000 x 60,000 circular pano (about 4.5 gigapixels).  I am unable to do it, and keep getting an error hr=80070070.  I've tried different output resolutions, HDview only, etc, but nothing seems to be working.  I have 2 GB scratch and 12GB RAM.  I'm able to output a small tiff (12MB) and it works, but I have not experimented any more with maximum pixel dimensions.  Does anyone know whether this is a bug, or if I'm short on scratch disk or RAM, or something else?  Thanks, Matt
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Error 80070070 is "There is not enough space on the disk."  You need at least enough space in your %ICE_CACHE_LOCATION% directory (which defaults to %TEMP%) to fit the 4.5 gigapixel image uncompressed.

--Howard

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Thanks Howard.  I see in my post I meant 2TB scratch rather than 2GB.  But this is spread over several disks, does it need to be on the same disk so as for a single directory?  Sorry to seem so naive, but I'm not sure what you mean by the %TEMP% directory.  Where do I specify the location? 

Thanks,

Matt

Sunday, January 9, 2011 9:24 AM
  • Hi Matt,

If you right-click on (My) Computer then go to Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Environment Variables you should see the %TEMP% environment variable.  It defaults to your main (probably C:) drive.  You can add a new %ICE_CACHE_LOCATION% environment variable that points to a directory on your scratch drive.  Unfortunately I think it only takes one directory at the moment so pick your largest scratch drive.

--Howard

Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:02 PM