none
Set ServicesPipeTimeout after windows update on Win10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using a windows service to perform some operation on system. The service was not starting after system restart, so I put ServicesPipeTimeout in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control and working fine. But at the time of windows update the registry entry is removed and on system restart after windows update, my service was not started. So I need to put that registry value again.

Is there any way to put ServicesPipeTimeout value in registry before system restart.

• Moved by Fei Hu Thursday, April 5, 2018 6:44 AM Moved From C#
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at Microsoft Community.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 6:42 AM
  • Hello,

My windows service is written in C#.net, using that performing some operation on machine and also setting ServicesPipeTimeout in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control. But the problem is, it is getting deleted after windows update. So my service is not started after system restart.

Monday, April 9, 2018 10:21 AM