none
How to make Server side HPC to throw FaultException<RetryOperationError> on retry failures RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have some tasks failing on SOA based calls on server side and server retries it for specified times ( say 3 times ) and then throws an exception RetryException.

RetryException does not gives information on the task id and orginal error message, I can see FaultException<RetryOperationError> provides those information.

I want to know what are the things that we need to do in WCF service side in order to make sure it throws FaultException<RetryOperationError> on retry failures

Thanks in advance

Aravindakumar.V

Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to catch FaultException<RetryOperationError>, you need to use WCF proxy client to send and recieve SOA requests. If you are using SessionAPI BrokerClient, you will get RetryOperationException instead, which does not contain the task id info. From service side, you should just throw FaultException<RetryOperationError>.

Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:46 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Can you provide samples on both the options you have specified?

Monday, October 10, 2011 1:29 PM