Have started to get a Windows 7 Non Genuine Windows popup message on my laptop despite my Windows 7 Ultimate being genuine/activated RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure why my 4 year old Windows 7 64 Ultimate machine has suddenly started to produce an popup message that my Windows is not genuine. I have re-activated windows each time and get the message that "Activation is successful" but despite this after 30 or 40 minutes the annoying message pops up again.

I'm 100% confident this is a genuine Windows 7 64 Ultimate licensed machine. Why is this popup starting to happen - and why is there nothing to indicate why in the MGADiag tool to indicate there is an issue.

Is this a virus on my machine? Why is one popup telling me Windows is not genuine - and yet when I run Activate Windows and also MGAdiag everything indicates its fine...

The problematic popup includes an error code 0x8004fe21 - and a link to go to where I am told I have to pay for a licensed copy of Windows which I have no intention of doing as its already been done. 

I'd like to stop the annoying popup from happening - it appears to have started after a recent automatically applied update.

Can you advise how the problem can be further diagnosed and what steps i need to take to stop it from happening?

Thanks

Paul

Monday, September 16, 2013 12:04 PM

Answers