Auto Share opportunity record to specific users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi CRM Support,

I'm working on a code that will auto share opportunity record to specific number of users. I have it work correctly when i set a specific id of a user. However i'm experiencing an error when i fetch specific users from another entity.. error shows the following message 

Please see my plug-in codes below:

//grant access test codes-------------------------------------------------------------------------------START

//Fetch Users to that will have access to the opportunity
                            QueryExpression queryLeadcodeAssignee = new QueryExpression("nexus_nexus_leadcode_systemuser");
                            queryLeadcodeAssignee.ColumnSet = new ColumnSet(new string[] { "systemuserid" });
                            queryLeadcodeAssignee.Criteria.AddCondition("nexus_leadcodeid", ConditionOperator.Equal, ((EntityReference)PostImageForOpportunities["nexus_leadcode_lookup"]).Id);

queryLeadcodeAssignee.PageInfo.ReturnTotalRecordCount = true;
                            EntityCollection LeadcodeAssigneeEntity = service.RetrieveMultiple(queryLeadcodeAssignee);

foreach (Entity LeadcodeAssigneeEntityResult in LeadcodeAssigneeEntity.Entities)
                            {

var Rights = AccessRights.ReadAccess | AccessRights.WriteAccess ;

var sampleuser1 = new EntityReference("systemuser", ((EntityReference)LeadcodeAssigneeEntityResult["systemuserid"]).Id);//new Guid("E9007311-358D-E211-A12C-36D7C49CDBE8"));

var principalAccess = new PrincipalAccess
                                {
                                    // Gives the principal read write access
                                    AccessMask = Rights,

// Set the PrincipalAccess Object's Properties
                                    Principal = sampleuser1
                                };

// Create the Request Object
                                var grantAcessRequest = new GrantAccessRequest();
                                // Set the Request Object's properties
                                grantAcessRequest.PrincipalAccess = principalAccess;
                                // Set the Target. In my case it is account record
                                var entityReference = new EntityReference("opportunity", PostImageForOpportunities.Id);
                                //throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException("EntityReference");
                                grantAcessRequest.Target = entityReference;

//Execute the Request
                                service.Execute(grantAcessRequest);
                            }
                            //grant access test codes-------------------------------------------------------------------------------END

Advance thank you for you help..

Regards,

Honey Dulatre

Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:41 AM

Answers

• the error message is telling us that the 'object' being of type 'guid' could not be cast to 'entityReference'

within your code your making casts to EntityReference, one of them is causing the problem.

Breakpoint & Debugger is your best friend

Monday, June 2, 2014 1:16 PM
  • Hi,

This is not related to your question, but better to say. Be aware about sharing. Its design is for limited usage, not for bulk sharing. When you share something for multiple users systematically, it means after a while you could have lots of shared data. This could impact CRM in two ways:

1- High sharing ratio shows inefficiency of your security design. Business units, users, groups and roles could be revised to prevent this sharing.

2- When you share lots of data, after a while the performance of CRM could drastically decrease.

As I said this is not your question's answer, but it is related to the automatic sharing plugins.

Persian Dynamics CRM Community | انجمن متخصصان فارسی زبان

• Marked as answer by Honey Dulatre Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:33 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 2:31 PM

All replies

• the error message is telling us that the 'object' being of type 'guid' could not be cast to 'entityReference'

within your code your making casts to EntityReference, one of them is causing the problem.

Breakpoint & Debugger is your best friend

Monday, June 2, 2014 1:16 PM
  • Hi,

thank you for the support.. I have resolved this :)

Thank you again,

Regards,

Honey

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 10:35 AM
  • Hi,

This is not related to your question, but better to say. Be aware about sharing. Its design is for limited usage, not for bulk sharing. When you share something for multiple users systematically, it means after a while you could have lots of shared data. This could impact CRM in two ways:

1- High sharing ratio shows inefficiency of your security design. Business units, users, groups and roles could be revised to prevent this sharing.

2- When you share lots of data, after a while the performance of CRM could drastically decrease.

As I said this is not your question's answer, but it is related to the automatic sharing plugins.

Persian Dynamics CRM Community | انجمن متخصصان فارسی زبان

• Marked as answer by Honey Dulatre Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:33 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 2:31 PM
  • Hi Payman,

Thanks for the advise. I'll take note of this.. 

Regards,

Honey

Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:32 AM