SqlSyncDescriptionBuilder - Not getting FilterClause RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working on syncronizing two Sql Server Databases. I am not getting the the FilterClause from the DbSyncTableDescription or DbSyncScopeDescription.Tables[0]. I am expecting filterclause from DbSyncTabledescription becuase I am configuring the scope on first database with filters and want to configure the same scope on another database (which is at remote site) using the DbSyncTableDescription/DbSyncScopeDescription form the first database. When I configure the scope on remote site using DbSyncTableDescription/DbSyncScopeDescription (retrived from first database), it configures the scope(creates the sync objects like SPs, Triggers, tracking table) but it does not put the Filters I have specified during scope configuration on first database.

I know the Filters we have specified are exists in the _SelectChanges SP but how to use that to create scope on remote sites?

Currently I am keeping the defination of ScopeDescription including TableName, Columns & FilterClause in the first database in userdefined table. And then I am sending this information to remote site and configuring the scope.

Is there anyway to get the FilterClauses included in the Scope using Sync Framework libraries ?

-Ajinath

Friday, July 9, 2010 6:32 AM

All replies

• afaik, neither GetDescriptionForTable nor GetDescriptionForScope retrieves the filter.

as a workaround, have you tried the SqlSyncScopeProvisioning.Script to generate the SQL commands for provisioning, sending and running the script on the client side to do the provisioning?

Monday, July 12, 2010 1:07 PM