Microsoft Dyamics CRM 2015 : Current Geospatial Capabilities RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I have only become familiar with MS Dynamics CRM 2013.  We have recently upgraded to 2015. I am seeking some knowledge regarding current geospatial capabilities and/or integration.  May somebody please provide a link or start a discussion with me?

Regards,

Jeff

Monday, April 27, 2015 2:47 PM

All replies

• Dynamics CRM Online licenses include Bing Maps rights, whereas CRM On Premises licenses do not.  Out-of-the-box, CRM will display the geocoded address for Accounts and Contacts on a Bing map.  It is fairly easy to extend this using JavaScript.

We have built highly-customized integrations for On Premises with Esri, Google and Bing maps using iFrames and JavaScript postMessage.

What use cases are you thinking of for your organization?

Monday, April 27, 2015 5:26 PM
  • If you are looking for Territory Management, mapping records from CRM for visual review, etc... check out Easy Territory at http://www.easyterritory.com/ .
    Monday, April 27, 2015 7:01 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.  Currently we are tracking data relating to the following that want to integrate high-level geospatial visualizations with CRM 2015:

-level of training material and support

-allowances of products based on demand

-training methods/providers and impact on training performance

-cost analysis of support/training

-forecasting of support needed, products to manufacture, and training

Some example use-cases of high-level geospatial visualizations would be:

- Training: how much?, where?, who?

- support needed at specific locations

- cost of support/training at specific locatations

-etc...

I am aware of the Bing Map feature in 2015.  I am sort of the bridge between a geospatial team and upper management; I have done CRM development in 2013 but nothing geospatial.

Is this something that could integrate well with PowerMaps or PowerBi?  If so, how efficiently?  Can I provide my own data visualization in iframe in 2015 CRM interface?  I want to avoid adding any non-value-add activities for users and upper mgt by keeping the visualizations within CRM.

I'm fresh out of college and new to this organization. Any advice would help.

Thanks

Monday, April 27, 2015 7:14 PM
  • @Chris_Harrington Thanks for this link.  I have scanned through this and might be able to utilize this.  As I told the previous Chris,  I have a GIS team that does custom GIS stuff and they are really good.  All though this is great and might provide a solution for me.  Lets just say that the GIS team wanted to provide their own visualizations, would I be able to integrate these higher-level visualizations in the CRM 2015 interface (Web)

Regards

Monday, April 27, 2015 7:25 PM
  • Easy Territory has a lot of features, many of them you mentioned.  You can get a trial and see how it works, then go from there.  
    Monday, April 27, 2015 7:27 PM
  • Thanks Chris H!
    Monday, April 27, 2015 7:48 PM