Cannot move users from LCS 2005 to OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone had any success using the "Move User" wizard to move existing LCS 2005 users over to the OCS 2007 server?  We have both servers set up on the same domain, and when we create new users on the OCS 2007 server they work fine, but when we move an existing LCS 2005 user over, the user cannot sign in to the new OCS 2007 server after being moved?

Thanks, Ben.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 12:54 PM

Answers

• I think you must activate the User Properties/Communications Tab/Configure Button/Enable enhanced presence check box.

You must do this from the dsa.msc console with have allready the OCS2007 dll's installed

Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:23 PM

All replies

• I think you must activate the User Properties/Communications Tab/Configure Button/Enable enhanced presence check box.

You must do this from the dsa.msc console with have allready the OCS2007 dll's installed

Thursday, March 29, 2007 4:23 PM
  • Thanks Pedro, that worked great.  So it turns out in this beta version, the Move Users wizard does not work from within the Office Communications Server console, but right clicking on a user account in Active Directory Users and Computers to launch the wizard instead will work as expected.
    Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:34 PM
  • Hi Ben - while I have not tried moving users with the current bits, I have in the previous betas succesfully moved users within the OCS GUI. Do you know if you cannot move them definatively using the OCS MMC? Additionally, I have seen where moving users has caused client-side issues with OCS 1.0 because of the enhanced presence issue. What version of the client were the users attaching to the new 2007 environment with?
    Thursday, March 29, 2007 7:05 PM