none
Automatic Back-up Fails RRS feed

• Question

• I have two PCs that get backed up my server.  The first client is HP with Vista Ultimate 32bit.  The second client is Sony with XP Pro.  I have had same connections since December 2007.  Both computers were backed up automatically each night until June 10, 2009.  That is when the first client failed to back-up. The back-up stalled after 11 or 14 percent.  The second client continued to back-up each night without issue.  The error message that I have received states that there is a problem with port forwarding in my router.  I installed a new DIR-655 in early June, but not sure if it was before June 10.
    I have uninstalled and re-installed the server on the first client, not change.  I am able to see the server on the network using the first client and am able to save files to the server from the first client.  It just won't back-up, either manually or automatically.  I have re-installed the connector software from the disc and from the server software folder as well.  I am out of ideas and would appreciate any help that you can offer.

Thanks.

Lew

Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:24 PM

All replies

• Backup stalling usually isn't an issue with port forwarding.
    Did you run chkdsk /r on your client machine?
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:50 PM
  • The problem appears to be a conflict between D drive and an external hard drive that had a copy of
    D drive on it.  The server back-up software is not finding D drive or the locatiion where the last restore
    point in stored.  HP support says my only option is to wipe clean and start over.
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:11 PM