ALL MS & Live applictaions CRASH ! Internet Explorer, Mail, Writer, and Messenger !!

• This is very weird I know. I completely uninstalled all live pack, then reinstalled it but to no avail.

Internet Explorer: build 8.0.6001.18702

Crashes occasionally, even in Windows Update website. No specific cause of the crash. Everytime in a different situation.

AppName: iexplore.exe     AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702     ModName: mshtml.dll
    ModVer: 8.0.6001.18812     Offset: 00209d2c

Full error Log is here :

Writer build 14.0.8089.726

After running Writer, signing in, and after approx. 5 minutes of starting to write, the application suddenly completely closes down. No error message, no crash report, NOTHING ! the windows simply disappears and the process no longer appears in the task manager !
    If I dont start writing, nothing happens. If I do, it crashes.
    I couldnt locate the log file, and it is not copyable from the error report window.

Messenger - 2009 build 14.0.8089.726

I run it okay, one moment after sucessful sign in, it crashes. I couldnt locate the log file, and it is not copyable from the error report window.

Mail 2009 build 14.0.8089.0726

The application works good, but Whenever I hit the "reply" button of a given message, or  the "new" ,for a new message, it crashes.
    I couldnt locate the log file, and it is not copyable from the error report window.

So ?

Thanx !

( btw, where are the forums of the other Live apps, why only Writer is listed here ?)
    Sunday, October 04, 2009 1:18 AM

All replies

• I don't think the problem is with the programs. I think your problem is with the Operating System.
    Is the problem only happening with Windows Live Writer or the LIVE package suite? I’d guess no.

Try system restore from before the issues, chk for hard drive errors, defrag, check for viruses, malware and worst case do a system repair. In that order.

Hope this helps.

Monday, October 05, 2009 8:13 PM
  • There are no other faulty programs under this OS (XP SP3) , like Live ones (adding IE).
    The system is totally clean of malware or viruses, and as I explaiend above, all Live apps crash, though differently.

I have system restore off, drives are defragged, and there is still to check the system drive for errors, though I dont honestly think this would help.

I thought there is some service or program that these appls rely on to work, and maybe I by mistake disabled it.

Thank you anyways. Other responses are welcome of course.
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 12:16 AM
  • Maybe an uninstall of the LIVE products using REVO Uninstaller and doing a full removal [folders, dlls, registry, temp data...] and then reinstalling..

Just trying to help.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 12:22 AM
  • Thats exactly what I did, but with "Your Uninstaller", which scans everything after the ordinary uninstall, and deletes all files, folders, and registry keys that are associated with the programs uninstalled !
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:54 AM
  • Anybody ???
    Thursday, October 08, 2009 12:55 PM
  • PLEASE ??//
    Monday, October 12, 2009 11:21 PM
  • It's actually pretty sad. This is the 'Microsoft' forum and no one from Microsoft seems to be checking it very often.
    I wish I could help.

Do you think it could be the .NET stuff that Microsoft is requiring now for just about everything?

Just trying to help.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 5:54 PM
  • To be fair, forums are typically really a user-to-user place to share solutions unless they are specifically called a customer support forum - that's true for most companies, and especially true when the product itself is free and doesn't directly generate revenue to support a full-blown support team.  I'm betting that the Microsoft folks who post here can only do so when they aren't tied up with actually working on products.

Nothing sad about it - they are probably not technical support people, just members of the product team who want to help their customers when they can.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:12 PM
  • Agreed, fair to say...
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:05 AM