Problem with Refferal Mail from microsoft Rockstar contest ! RRS feed

• Question

• many of my friends who recieved the invitation were not able to register with this contest because the link that is contained in the mail was not actually parsed well.

say this is what the link microsoft rockstar sends

http:\\studentrockstar.cybage.com\studrockstar\RegistrationForm.aspx?EmailID=yourfriendsemail

but actually some browsers and im's does not understand the above link because its was not universally parsed this is because microsoft uses forward  slash in the link while it should be backward slash for urls....like below

http://studentrockstar.cybage.com/studrockstar/RegistrationForm.aspx?EmailID=friendemailid

so everytime i send a link i have to change the slash and then send them again to my friends for registering.....

Dear admin please change the slash in the invite system so that it will be parsed well and anyone can click it easily....

regards

Also i think it is not safe to display once's email address in the link since it is easily possible to steal others credit...

Sunday, February 18, 2007 5:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• I have also experienced such a problem
    My friends too cant get into the student rock star
    Microsoft must check out this first
    Sunday, February 18, 2007 5:15 AM
  • Yes mathavan

the admin should immediately take action on this ... coz we wont be able to refer more friends...

Sunday, February 18, 2007 1:26 PM
  • I dont know why the admins are still ignorant about this. they should solve it immediately. because many people will think that the link is not working, and will sign in a fresh account, may be then the points wont be given the referrer.
    Sunday, February 18, 2007 1:48 PM
  • all is working fine.
    Sunday, February 18, 2007 2:26 PM
  •  Adithya reddy wrote:
    all is working fine.

can't get you ! is the problem solved ?

Sunday, February 18, 2007 2:36 PM
  • Ya it is the problem of "Slash" and also not working tell, Admin is required to take corrective steps on it!! Any one can help in this regard
    Sunday, February 18, 2007 5:29 PM
  • the same problem with me ... need a proper solution
    Monday, February 19, 2007 8:07 AM
  • its 4-5 days slow ...and it will surely reach to ur frnd ... and u'll get points only if he signs up not just see it and close it.... anyways... if my post was helpful plz mark me as an answer..bye..and bol
    Monday, February 19, 2007 9:29 AM
  • no dear now the links working. only u have to remove one http from ur address  bar

make it answer

Monday, February 19, 2007 10:20 AM
  • Three ways to resolve this problem of the wrong link Refferal email.

1. Let the admins be aware about this prob, and wait until they change it.
    2. Mail your friends telling to change the \ to /
    3. Mail your friends telling to remove the http:// and try without it.
    Monday, February 19, 2007 11:47 AM
  • There is no response from the Admin side till,

better after sending an invitation to your friend please copy and paste the following

in the above link replace the yourfriendsemailid with the email id of your friend and forward it them, once they register with it you will earn point but make sure you have sent an invite to the same email address you put here..

regards

Monday, February 19, 2007 1:21 PM
  • ya sankar i too experienced it.........

i had sent an mail to admin regardin this matter but i hav not yet recieved any reply..........

its a serious matter ..... admin hv 2 correct it as soon as possible...........

Monday, February 19, 2007 1:38 PM
  • thanks sankar for the customized link... i have to snd the invities manually now :-(
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:38 PM
  • Ya sandeep!!Accept u! But on earth can v contact him an anyother means? or by telephony?
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:43 PM
  • the admins dont even bother to reply, may be they are busy with deleting the junk announcements :P
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 3:55 PM
  • Well said Shadow Man... well I am also facing the problem with invitations..
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:24 PM
  • WHAT ? they still haven't sought the problem of the invitation ? HAHA thats really a shame on the admins, i dont know how did they do such a mistake,they should atlteast know what is the difference of the / and \ in the URL :)
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:47 PM
  • well said Harshil
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:48 PM
  • yeah i dont know why are they careless...
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:00 PM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:43 PM
  • @sankar
    because the admins dont even care :) j/k
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 5:45 PM
  • Admin is free , admin is careless...
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:37 PM
  • we are far better more active than the admins ;) I think there should be prizes for the admins also for who works the most hard, etc etc :)
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 5:20 AM