Need to send the email to all the user /accounts/contacts birthday wishes without using plugin,workflow automatically? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
      we have requirement of sending birthday greeting to all the users,accounts of the organization birthday greetings with default text and message, without using plugin, workflow. Can we achieve this. I had one idea of developing a console application and schedule during off hours and do the work.
    Any other ideas?

Thanks
    srinivas
    Monday, February 8, 2010 6:33 AM

Answers

• Hi
    Plugin/workflow are the good solution if  you want to keep everything related to CRM in CRM.
    But workflow/plugins can become slow and slow down the process if you want to send birthday wishes to thousands of persons.
    so you are right a scheduled windows/console application is good for you in my mind. Also if it is Windows Service i think it will be more better.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 6:38 AM
  • You can do it using following
    1. Windows Service which we can schedule - Recommended
    2. Windows Application with user intervention
    3. WF - Outside the CRM, you can create workflow using WF engine to do the same task

Jai Ho CRM http://mscrmkb.blogspot.com Skype - amol.gholap
    Monday, February 8, 2010 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi
    Plugin/workflow are the good solution if  you want to keep everything related to CRM in CRM.
    But workflow/plugins can become slow and slow down the process if you want to send birthday wishes to thousands of persons.
    so you are right a scheduled windows/console application is good for you in my mind. Also if it is Windows Service i think it will be more better.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 6:38 AM
  • You can do it using following
    1. Windows Service which we can schedule - Recommended
    2. Windows Application with user intervention
    3. WF - Outside the CRM, you can create workflow using WF engine to do the same task

Jai Ho CRM http://mscrmkb.blogspot.com Skype - amol.gholap
    Monday, February 8, 2010 6:52 AM