Add-In for Outlook 2003 and 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I developed Shared add-in using C#2008 .It works fine for outlook 2003 ,but not for outlook 2007. But when I upgrade my MS Office to 2007 ,  when I click my button in outlook it pop me one dialog, (Actually I forgot the popped mesage - sorry) . And then it works for 2007 on my PC.
    And another issue is that , I tried(install) it on another pc with outlook 2007. It was not displaying my Button in Outlook. But when I Repair its MS Office , then after it shows my Button nad work properly on another Pc.
    So Please help me to solve this problem. Please tell me Which Dll or references I have to add when building my Add-in so that it will works on 203 and 2007 . When I Repair MS Office - which component it is going to repair so that i am getting my add-in buuton to outlook.  

Please help me for the same .....

Regards Ctal

Thanks in Advance...

• Moved by spacewrangler Friday, September 12, 2008 4:04 PM office dev (Moved from Building Development and Diagnostic Tools for .Net to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Monday, September 1, 2008 6:36 AM

Answers

•  

Sounds like your created add in is somehow installed in a wrong place or maybe, not registered in the Registry, as fare as i recall the Registry DB holds info both on Office10 and Office12, and if a function is missing it's properly due to it not being mentioned in Office12 Entry.

I have seen similar mistakes with office standard functionality being there in 2003 but not in 2007 due to the fact that they are simply not mentioned.

Why they are not mentioned, is a hard guess but one thing pops into mind.

Say you have a 2003 with 2003 Native functions, then you update to a 2007 but due to some re editing the 2003 Native functions have been replaced with something else, and is no longer available, or the function might refer to data no longer available in 2007 hence they have taken it out due to the faults it might create.

• Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:46 PM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:15 AM

All replies

•  

Sounds like your created add in is somehow installed in a wrong place or maybe, not registered in the Registry, as fare as i recall the Registry DB holds info both on Office10 and Office12, and if a function is missing it's properly due to it not being mentioned in Office12 Entry.

I have seen similar mistakes with office standard functionality being there in 2003 but not in 2007 due to the fact that they are simply not mentioned.

Why they are not mentioned, is a hard guess but one thing pops into mind.

Say you have a 2003 with 2003 Native functions, then you update to a 2007 but due to some re editing the 2003 Native functions have been replaced with something else, and is no longer available, or the function might refer to data no longer available in 2007 hence they have taken it out due to the faults it might create.

• Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Thursday, September 4, 2008 3:46 PM
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:15 AM
  • Hey thanks for your reply. But actually I am not getting you.. . From where I have to register My add-in . When I was installing my add-in it will add this add-in registry to regedit->local setting ...... path....

Means I have to update my office or anything else...???

Regards
    Ctal
    ctal
    Wednesday, September 10, 2008 1:09 PM