Just getting started RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, need a little help here. I am trying to connect to my new WHS from a client (2 actually) I have installed connector on both, I have configured the backups from the server directly.  when trying to connect to the server via connector software from a client I get an error message, However, my whs tray icon is green and says healthy. Things I've done

Installed whs, installed wmp 11, created a user account, installed connector on 2 client pcs, then when trying to access the server via that software I get an error(This computer cannot conect to your home server. check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on,if your home server has recently restarted try again in a few minutes), should only be the server logon password there correct? Dont know what I could be doing wrong

Client PC's are windows media center 05 sp3 and xp pro sp3 respectively, one is wired to network, one is wireless

Im sure there is something simple Im missing, any ideas
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:37 PM

Answers

• Solved it myself through some google research but thanks. Pain in the ____, let me tell you
    Friday, April 3, 2009 1:42 PM

All replies

• Okay, need a little help here. I am trying to connect to my new WHS from a client (2 actually) I have installed connector on both, I have configured the backups from the server directly.  when trying to connect to the server via connector software from a client I get an error message, However, my whs tray icon is green and says healthy. Things I've done

Installed whs, installed wmp 11

FYI, installing WMP 11 (or any app that requires server desktop access is unsupported).

created a user account, installed connector on 2 client pcs, then when trying to access the server via that software I get an error(This computer cannot conect to your home server. check your network connection and make sure your home server is powered on,if your home server has recently restarted try again in a few minutes), should only be the server logon password there correct? Dont know what I could be doing wrong

Client PC's are windows media center 05 sp3 and xp pro sp3 respectively, one is wired to network, one is wireless

Im sure there is something simple Im missing, any ideas
    Can you try pinging your server both by name and by IP address?
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:52 PM
  • I am aware about the wmp thing.

I just sucessfully pinged and I can open the server via network path \\servername

Ive been transfering my sharing files over for 2 days, backups say configured yet they wont attempt one untill midnight. but when tring to access the server through connector software I cant get through

Additionaly I just sucessfully entered the server via net addy 192.168.0.xxx I was able to enter folders but could not control server due to a missing Microsoft Terminal Services Client Addon which is supposed to be in IE7 addons but is not listed either enabled or disabled in my list.
    Friday, April 3, 2009 12:06 AM
  • Solved it myself through some google research but thanks. Pain in the ____, let me tell you
    Friday, April 3, 2009 1:42 PM