beta Exam RRS feed

• Question

• Was wondering why nowadays Beta exam promotion code does not posted at their blog anymore? anyone? i am looking for 70-410 as well as 71-687
    • Changed type Mr. Wharty Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:38 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:31 AM

Answers

• There is a new process in place for sending out beta exam codes. Now you have to register as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). See this post:

http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/b/weblog/archive/2010/07/09/how-to-become-a-microsoft-learning-sme.aspx

The theory is that when a new beta comes out, Microsoft searches the SME database for those candidates whose qualifications (according to the data that you provided when you signed up) match the expectations for that beta. Selected candidates receive the codes for signing up for the exam.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:10 AM
  • did that last year.. but never received any of it LoL

Not everyone who completes the SME registration process will get selected.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by Chee Tiong Friday, July 13, 2012 12:36 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:09 AM
  • I can tell you that I am registered in the SME database and I have been receiving beta invitations.  You can also check out Micrisoft Learning's site at: http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/

After the SME database invitations get sent Microsoft may post to the Born to Learn site. You might also want to consider joining a user group in your area. Often they will get beta invitation codes to hand out.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:46 AM

All replies

• There is a new process in place for sending out beta exam codes. Now you have to register as a Subject Matter Expert (SME). See this post:

http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/b/weblog/archive/2010/07/09/how-to-become-a-microsoft-learning-sme.aspx

The theory is that when a new beta comes out, Microsoft searches the SME database for those candidates whose qualifications (according to the data that you provided when you signed up) match the expectations for that beta. Selected candidates receive the codes for signing up for the exam.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:10 AM

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:06 AM

Not everyone who completes the SME registration process will get selected.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:09 AM
  • I can tell you that I am registered in the SME database and I have been receiving beta invitations.  You can also check out Micrisoft Learning's site at: http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/

After the SME database invitations get sent Microsoft may post to the Born to Learn site. You might also want to consider joining a user group in your area. Often they will get beta invitation codes to hand out.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:46 AM