none
Xbox 360 having problem seeing content RRS feed

• Question

• I have media sharing turned on and have my Xbox 360 connecting to my WHS just fine.  The problem I am having right now is that when I created a new folder in the "Videos" folder, the Xbox 360 is not seeing the new folder.  How can I force a refresh of the folder structure and the content in the folders? 
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 7:04 PM

All replies

• bjboudre said:

I have media sharing turned on and have my Xbox 360 connecting to my WHS just fine.  The problem I am having right now is that when I created a new folder in the "Videos" folder, the Xbox 360 is not seeing the new folder.  How can I force a refresh of the folder structure and the content in the folders? 

The XBox 360 will only show folders that have file types inside it that in can play.  What file types do you have in the folder it doesn't see?
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 11:01 PM
  • The folder has a single file in it and it is a WMV file.  The 360 can play WMV's so it should see it.
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 2:28 AM
  • I believe an xbox needs the guess account turned on.
    athlon 3400, 2gb ram, 9 drives totaling about 3.5 tbs.
    Thursday, December 25, 2008 2:09 PM
  • I have media sharing turned on and have my Xbox 360 connecting to my WHS just fine.  The problem I am having right now is that when I created a new folder in the "Videos" folder, the Xbox 360 is not seeing the new folder.  How can I force a refresh of the folder structure and the content in the folders? 

Dude this is a easy one ok i had this ame problem....abit of research i found yes this does happen and there is a solution all you need to do is open windows media player make sure you are on the library tab and click the little arrow drop box then click "ADD TO LIBRARY" the click "OK". and waala your problem should be fixed.
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:37 AM
  • If you take the file and copy it to a memory stick and connect it your xbox does the file show or play?  Not all WMVs will playback on the xbox especially those with multi-channel sounds and hidef unless it's exactly the right codec.

--
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 7:24 PM