Can not log into MS Money 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Problem Description: Can not log into MS Money 2007. changing Window ID and password doesn't work. I am at a lost.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 2:07 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem w/Money '07 Home & Business.  Was on WinXP, computer died & was replaced and got Win7 -- all data seemed okay & was transferred to new computer.  Downloaded Windows Live Mail w/newly created Live ID & password, forgetting that Money also wants Live ID.  Don't know if that is connected, but when Money '07 brought up, the password field was blank (not remembered) and it won't accept ANYTHING.  I've tried past IDs (MS Passport et.al.) as well as the new one.  I've followed the "Forgot your password?" path to change Live ID password again (and again) and still nothing works.  Critical I get in -- some business data CAN'T be recovered otherwise.

Does Money '07 hold password internally or does it attempt to verify it online?  An attempt to sign-in with a blank password gets a message saying no blanks or special characters allowed; does that mean it is strictly limited to alphanumeric characters?

Any insight at all would be helpful, particularly why moving Money to Win7 would cause it to "forget" its password.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Problem Solved!  I uninstalled Money '07 from Win7 and then installed it again (from the original disk purchased in 2006), only this time, I didn't allow the updates that I was notified of to be installed until after trying my Money data file, entering my original password for Money.  It worked!  I then installed the updates, initially had a small issue trying to get the data file to accept the password I had just recently had success with (panic), but with a minor bit of fussing around, got it to work.  Now everything is copacetic.

I don't know if the same procedure will help others with password problems, but it is worth a try.  Good luck! 

• Proposed as answer by Richio2 Friday, July 16, 2010 5:11 AM
    • Edited by Richio2 Friday, July 16, 2010 5:20 AM Success
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:29 PM