CRM 3.0 Install from an existing deployment. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently in the process of Installing a development environment from an existing deployment of CRM 3.0.
    The new environment will be in the Same Domain as the production environment. So the Active directory Users should remain the same !
    I've read the implementation Guide and it is not very clear about how I can map the new environment with the same Active Directory Accounts.

I read the redeployment guide and I tried to redeploy the existing environment but I have an issue mapping users.
    • First I used "Keep existing mapping". Althought it is the same domain, only one user out of 70 is succesfully mapped.
    • Then I tried the "auto-map users" option against their "Active Directory Account Name" but it is the same I only have one user being mapped.
    • Finally I tried to manually map the users but about 10 users don't exist anymorein AD so I can't map them. If I try to redeploy ignoring those users I have an error saying ! I tried to map all the former users with a generic MArketing account but the deployment tool won't let me map several users to one new user.
    My questions are:
    1. Why the "Keep Existing user mappings" option doesn't work?
    2. How can I map users that don't exist in AD anymore?
    3. Do I really need the redeployment Wizard as it is the same Domain (again the Redeployment guide is not that clear on that particular case)

Thanks,

AG.
    MS CRM 4.0, VS 2008
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 9:43 AM

Answers

• If you are moving the database to a different server and setting up a new copy, you need to run the redeployment tool.  I did it one time without running redeployment tool, and my new environment really wound up pointing to the old environment, and what I thought were changes being made to my new dev environment were really being made to prod.

regarding the 10 users that don't exist anymore in AD, don't you have 10 users in your AD that aren't crm users that you could temporarily use to map these nonexistent users to?  Then you can just deactivate those users post redeploy.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 2:44 PM