none
MVC Bootstrap works on IIS express, but not on IIS RRS feed

• Question

• I run the application within visual studio 2017 and it works, but when I run the application from the IIS only shows the title and the scrollbar, but everything else is blank. Sorry I cannot paste images until my account is verified.

woking from within VS 2007 using IIS Express

IIS not working just title page

• Edited by kotusha1 Sunday, April 14, 2019 2:05 AM
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, April 15, 2019 1:54 PM ASP.NET related
    Sunday, April 14, 2019 2:04 AM

All replies

• I run the application within visual studio 2017 and it works, but when I run the application from the IIS only shows the title and the scrollbar, but everything else is blank. Sorry I cannot paste images until my account is verified.

woking from within VS 2007 using IIS Express

IIS not working just title page

Well,  push the Web project to local IIS on your development machine using Visual Studio,  debug it  and stop using IIS Express.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/debugger/how-to-enable-debugging-for-aspnet-applications?view=vs-2017

Of course IIS must be installed on the development machine.

ASP.NET issues can be discussed at the ASP.NET forums.

http://forums.asp.net/

Hopefully you have an O/S that can install local IIS off of Control Panel, Add program and Features, Add Window component.

Sunday, April 14, 2019 3:19 AM
  • These types of errors (working on Express, not working on IIS) are frequently caused by wrong paths. On IIS Express, you are running your application at the "root" of the site. But when you publish on IIS, you are running on a subfolder of the root. Therefore, if you were not careful to code your page using only relative paths, but you have instead used one or more absolute paths, then it fails when the path is changed. One way to debug this is to use F12 in the browser to take a network traffic capture. You will see the 404 errors that indicate that one or more of the files (such as .js or .css) could not be downloaded. You can the examine the paths that you are using for these files and fix them so that they are compatible with the location where you published your application.
    Sunday, April 14, 2019 7:25 AM