Prevent Phone Calls created in Social Pane from being marked as Complete automatically - is this possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find some way to prevent Phone Calls created in the Social Pane from being marked as Completed automatically. When a Phone Call is completed through the Social Pane I've found it makes three calls:

- Create to save the Phone Call Activity
    - Update to set the Regarding
    - Update to change the State and Status to Completed (State = 1) and Made (Status = 2)

I hoped there may be a process, workflow, business rule, something that's initiating that final call that I can disable, but I've not been able to find anything similar to this. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you --

Friday, October 2, 2015 10:01 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Social Pane is not customizable control (as well as Bing Maps, composite controls e.t.c.) so unfortunately we as developers and customizers can't modify behavior of that control...

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Saturday, October 3, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Hi

This might be a late solution for your issue and you might already have a fix yourself but in case if it's not, the following solution might help you.

If you're using CRM 2013, the latest rollup UR4 for SP1 includes the new OrgDBOrgSetting to prevent from marking the phone call complete automatically.

You can use the OrgDBOrgSettings Tool from Microsoft to add/edit the settings. You need to download the latest tool (CRM2013-Tools-KB3122951-ENU-amd64.exe) from the UR4 download page.
    Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Service Pack 1 (KB 3122951)

To use the tool, refer to OrgDBOrgSettings tool for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

Take note that this page has not been revised for UR4 and added the two new setting names. They're as follow.

• DisableNavTour
    • MakeSocialPanePhoneCallCompleted

I am not sure for other CRM versions so you might want to try and see if this apply.

Hope this help.

Cheers

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 10:25 AM