I am working on CRM 2011. I have installed email router successfully and i configured it for incoming and outgoing profiles. My CRM users are loading in users,Queues and Forwardmail box.
Now the problem is that when i click on Text Access Button, i am getting the following error.
"Incoming Status: Failure - The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found"
"Outgoing Status: Failure - An error occurred while checking the connection to e-mail server smtp.gmail.com. The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
Please get me a solution ASAP.......
Thanks in Advance
I am not if you already resolved your gmail smtp issue or not - however, I would like to share my experience. I had the same gmail SMTP issue what I did:
1. create a new SMTP profile using email router configuration
2. Authentication Type: 'Windows Authentication'
3. checked 'use SSL'
4. email server: 'smtp.gmail.com'
5. Access Credentials: 'Other Specified' and used my gamil account and password
6. Under advanced tab use port # '465'
7. published and tested - all went fine ...
I hope above will help, Regards
- Proposed as answer by AAVI Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:21 PM
Check your incoming and outgoing profiles in Email router configuration manager..
In incoming profile after giving server location, in Access credentials select other specified, enter the password and click OK..
In outgoing profile select authentication type as Clear Text and after giving server location, in Access credentials specify email address for the particular user in the user name and the password and click OK..
And also check port number for both..
In CRM, go to options under email tab check Allow use of email credentials. Specify username and password.
I hope this will help..