Training for Microsoft BI RRS feed

• Question

• I have been approached by a firm "Set Focus" to do their 10 week Microsoft BI training program.  Does anyone recognize this company, they are in New Jersey and offer virtual training and sell themselves as a Microsoft Gold partner.  I have talked to many people there, but would very much like a recommendation from Microsoft on them.
    Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:43 PM

Answers

• They are a gold certified partner, but this could just mean that they sell a lot of Microsoft Licenses.

You need to find out whether or not they are a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions. You can search the Microsoft Directory for this, but to save you the time:

https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com/Partners/PartnerDetailsView.aspx?partnerid=d3367a6cf7d5434e9cb29dd7e3071c5e

MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 4, MCITP x 2

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

If you like trance music, please listen to my radio show, by subscribing to the Trancendance Podcast

Friday, July 24, 2009 11:23 AM
  • Hi,
    First you have to make sure that they hold the learning competency and the easiest way to know this as Brian_Jones told you.
    Second you have to be sure that they deliver official learning courses, the official course has a number which you can Google it easily to find more details in Microsoft learning website
    Third you have to be sure that the instructor who deliver the course is certified for all these courses and the easiest way to do this is to ask the instructor to provide you with the sharing transcript of his certificate which describe what certificate he has and when?

If these 3 conditions are OK, the course is probably will be good.
    Thanks

We are volunteers, if the reply help you mark it as your answer. thanks!!
    My Blog
    Friday, July 24, 2009 10:01 PM

All replies

• They are a gold certified partner, but this could just mean that they sell a lot of Microsoft Licenses.

You need to find out whether or not they are a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions. You can search the Microsoft Directory for this, but to save you the time:

https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com/Partners/PartnerDetailsView.aspx?partnerid=d3367a6cf7d5434e9cb29dd7e3071c5e

MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 4, MCITP x 2

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

If you like trance music, please listen to my radio show, by subscribing to the Trancendance Podcast

Friday, July 24, 2009 11:23 AM
  • Hi,
    First you have to make sure that they hold the learning competency and the easiest way to know this as Brian_Jones told you.
    Second you have to be sure that they deliver official learning courses, the official course has a number which you can Google it easily to find more details in Microsoft learning website
    Third you have to be sure that the instructor who deliver the course is certified for all these courses and the easiest way to do this is to ask the instructor to provide you with the sharing transcript of his certificate which describe what certificate he has and when?

If these 3 conditions are OK, the course is probably will be good.
    Thanks

We are volunteers, if the reply help you mark it as your answer. thanks!!
    My Blog
    Friday, July 24, 2009 10:01 PM
  • whats your experence with MS BI ---  goo.gl/80jO
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 8:16 PM