locked
The requested type of content encryption is not supported. RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    Hello all: I just upgraded the firmware in some test Polycom CX700 phones, using OCS SUS, and when the a call tries to bounce to voicemail, we get "The requested type of content encryption is not supported." on the phone display.  Voicemail used to work with the previous beta firmware, with a self generated cert.

     

    The firmware was V1.0.522.0  (1.23)

     

    It is interesting that certs are downloaded to the phone now automagically, but not srue where from.

     

    Any hints as to what the problem is?  I am guessing it has something do with with a dialplan security setting?

     

    -- cheers,

       gb

     

    Thursday, November 8, 2007 6:26 PM

All replies

  • You can do two things

    - Disable certificate checking if that is available on the phone

    - Import your Root Certificate into the phone

     

    Deli

    Thursday, November 8, 2007 11:56 PM
  • Thanx Deli, but how?  With this latest firmware, I could not find a way to break out to Win CE on the phone as I did with the beta firmware.

     

    -- thanx,

       gb

     

    Friday, November 9, 2007 1:09 AM
  • You need to contact polycom on how to get a custom certificate on the device

     

    Deli

    Friday, November 9, 2007 3:59 PM
  • I just ran into the same issues...did you come up with a resolution?

     

    -trevor

    Friday, November 30, 2007 1:56 AM
  • Sorry I have not found a solution yet. 

     

    Monday, December 3, 2007 8:34 PM
  • We're going to try the 2007 sp1 rtm tomorrow to see if that helps.  Have you tried changing the security level of the dial plan?

     

    -trevor

    Monday, December 3, 2007 8:36 PM
  • Hello Trevor: no we did not try that as I seem to recall the security level of the dial plan needs to be at that level.  Do let us know if you try that and get it to work!

    Monday, December 3, 2007 8:42 PM
  • Yes, I thought that as well.  It's very odd this problem since the CX700 seems to have no problems talking securely to OCS, it's just to Exchange....

     

    -trevor

    Monday, December 3, 2007 8:48 PM
  • We have upgraded Exchange to SP1 rtm and this situation still exists....need assistance please...

     

    -trevor

    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 4:10 PM
  • Hi Trevor: I just found this article http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2462283&SiteID=57 about autoenrollment.  I am trying to understand article and implement the recommendations, but it sounds like it will solve the issues we are encountering.  However with that said, would be nice to know how you can manually install the certificate into the phone.

     

    -- cheers,

    ....g

     

    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 7:34 PM
  •  

    I'm not so sure...I'd think if the CX700 were having issues getting a certificate that it would have problems generally talking to OCS and not just to Exchange.  As it stands, calls made from the CX700 work just fine, it's just when the call bounces to Exchange UM that the device has a problem.

     

    -trevor

    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:12 PM
  • With Microsoft's direction I have changed my dialplan from "SipSecured" to "Secured" - this has solved the problem with the Tanjay (CX700) devices accessing UM - my other clients (mostly MOC) all seem to still function normally.

     

    -trevor

    Friday, December 7, 2007 6:01 PM
  • Trevor: great thanx very much for that info!  That did it, voicemail is working again.

     

    -- cheers,

       g

     

    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:44 PM
  • Very cool...good to hear.

     

    -t

     

    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 3:46 PM