crm 2015 on premise lookup field mappings RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a new mapping for a lookup field. We want a field that resides on the account as a lookup field to carry over to an opportunity when a new opportunity is created from the account. There is a companion lookup field on the opportunity to handle this. When we did this in 2011 we would create the field on each entity and then create an appropriate mapping on the 1:n relationship. In 2015 it appears that when a lookup field is created the system automatically creates a 1:N relationship and companion mapping to this field so that I can no longer use the field in a custom mapping. I am unable to delete the system created mapping because it is locked by the system. Other than a workflow is there any other way to create a mapping from a lookup field on the account to a lookup field on the opportunity.
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to setup mapping between account and the opportunity, for that lookup, system will only set mapping for lookup but you need to modify mapping of the account and opportunity for example opportunity_customer_accounts and there you need to add mapping for your lookup which is present in account as well as in opportunity. Just tested it there is no issue in that.

Thanks

Mahender |Our Blog
    "Make sure to click on 'Vote as Helpful' and 'Mark As Answer', if you get answer of your question

Sunday, December 27, 2015 1:11 PM