How Do i Move transcoded video files to my WHS movie folder, nightly RRS feed

• Question

• What I want to do:

1. Rip a DVD on a client computer.

2. Transcode DVD on client computer.

3. Store transcoded DVD on WHS "Movie" Folder with some nightly process and Delete This file on the client Computer.

How do I accomplish #3 ?

Monday, April 19, 2010 8:11 PM

Answers

• You can use RoboCopy, a free tool from Microsoft. Recent versions of the HP Mediasmart server come with media collector software.
    • Proposed as answer by Z-Ice Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arsine Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:24 PM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 11:01 PM

All replies

• You can use RoboCopy, a free tool from Microsoft. Recent versions of the HP Mediasmart server come with media collector software.
    • Proposed as answer by Z-Ice Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Arsine Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:24 PM
    Monday, April 19, 2010 11:01 PM
  • Some ripping/transcoding software will do this after the transcoding is completed. (The same way downloaded files can be moved to a different folder when completed.)

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:27 AM
  • Brubber,

is there any instruction on installation of this kit (Resource Kit Tool). Also Richcopy tool is referred to. Any description on how to deploy that?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:26 PM
  • Installation instructions for resource kit are provided on the download page. After installation get UtilitySpotlight2006_11.exe (the robocopy GUI) and install, then read included helpfile for detailed instructions.  

I'm not familiar with Richcopy. From the website it seems it's simply a matter of downloading and installing the software, then same as for Robocopy start with reading the instructions / help files.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:41 PM