I forgot my admin password RRS feed

• Question

• I forgot my admin password for windows vista,how can I reset it?
    Friday, March 9, 2007 3:59 PM

All replies

• hi my name is jerry hanley i have for got my password on the start up menu and was try to find out how i can reset it i dont have a A drive to make the restart disk so if you can help me in any way i would be geatfull
    Friday, March 23, 2007 9:12 PM
  • I have the same problem, fill me in with the info if you find out.
    Monday, April 9, 2007 12:43 PM
  • can someone tell me how to reset it
    Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:30 PM
  • yea... i also have forgotten my admin password
    is there another way to get it reset without it getting sent in?
    Friday, April 13, 2007 1:46 AM
  • No replies yet huh...well i forgot my password too and HOPE someone with information replies.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:39 PM
  • The only thing you can do...this is according to info i read of the microsoft website...is if you forgot your admin password and have only 1 admin account on ur computer...then you must reinstall windows...the problem is, in my case...i bought my new laptop with Vista already on it so i don't have the CD so i can't do that...nyone who finds a solution will they please tell me @ mimo_salah92@hotmail.com...thanx
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 4:52 PM
  • Yes, there is a solution to this problem, however we can't rely on Microsoft to provide it since they're under the impression that their software is impenetrable.  For Win2k and XP we have software called LockSmith, and I'm sure the newer version works on Vista too.  Just Google 'Vista password recovery' and you'll find a score of software that can help you unlock or change your admin password.  Again, Microsoft is not going to help anyone 'crack' their software, but we all know it has been.  We just got to pay the people who figured it out.

This software usually resides on a bootable CD that you launch from, then using this shell included on the CD, you can access things like the registry, user account management, and even device manager.  Cool stuff for any serious IT person who wants to save time and look good.  You can even work around those stupid Microsoft patented Blue Screens of Death!

Update (Just a few hours after this post)

I was doing this research myself since I had a client that forgot his password and found this piece of software called Active Password Changer.  Just Google 'Active Password Changer.' It starts at $39 to $59 for the professional license.  I tried it and it worked great.  It gave me an ISO to create a bootable CD with and when it started, showed me a list of users and allowed me to clear their passwords!

Saved again from Microsoft by other companies!

Friday, May 4, 2007 5:14 PM
  • Wow, I feel kinda trapped into this.... we have to BUY software to get into our computer?  What if I cannot afford this software?   Does this mean I can't ever get into my computer?  Any alternatives, that won't come out of my pocket?
    Saturday, October 20, 2007 8:57 PM
  • I forgot my password, how can i reset it.

I cant open my winodws

kafula.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 6:09 PM
  • can you help

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:35 PM
  •  MisterKD wrote:
    I forgot my admin password for windows vista,how can I reset it?
    Monday, March 10, 2008 9:56 AM
  • I am told if you reboot your computer and go into safemode, you can do it there.

Friday, May 23, 2008 2:37 PM
  • Same here: my daughter changed the admin password and now she can't remember.

I was told to press F11 during the boot process to boot from the recovery partition.

Will this delete all my data?

Monday, June 2, 2008 12:26 PM
  • [My wife was given a couple of desktop computers from work. Emachine is running XP Pro.The IT guy is relativly new and has no idea what the admin. password might be. I am a novelist knowing just enough to screw things up. I have the XP key code, I would settle for access to the program software and just re-format the machine. Could you please advise.
    Saturday, July 26, 2008 2:21 AM
  • I forgot my admin password & I am unable to get on-line

How do I retrieve my password?  Isa

Monday, August 18, 2008 11:49 PM
  • boot your pc while pressing F8 go into safe mode login as te admin and go into the control pannel and delete or change the user password.
    Monday, October 27, 2008 3:48 PM
  • I know how to reset your password

You Will Need

1.A Second User Account That You Can Download Files

2.A Blank CD/DVD

3.Power2Go Installed

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/ophcracksbs.htm

Go To http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

It Worked For Me

Saturday, November 22, 2008 5:50 PM