Whats the difference between my Activities and My Queues RRS feed

• Question

• In the CRM workplace (4.0) I have activities and I have an assigned queue and a in-progress queue.

I am trying to work out the relationships between them.

Someone told me that all the stuff iin activities should also be viewable in the two queues but this isn't the case.

I have a load of phone calls (which I created from a quick campaign) that are in the activities but not in any queues.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your In Progress queue and Assigned queue contains those activities that might require follow-up or action.  You can move items from In Progress to Assigned by accepting them, see the icon on the toolbar.

I am not sure why the Phone Calls are not showing in your In Progress Queue if the Phone Call is in Open status and you are the Owner.  I just created a test Phone Call where I am the owner and it is showing in Workplace in My Activities and My Assigned queue.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by ICW Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your In Progress queue and Assigned queue contains those activities that might require follow-up or action.  You can move items from In Progress to Assigned by accepting them, see the icon on the toolbar.

I am not sure why the Phone Calls are not showing in your In Progress Queue if the Phone Call is in Open status and you are the Owner.  I just created a test Phone Call where I am the owner and it is showing in Workplace in My Activities and My Assigned queue.

Regards, Donna

• Marked as answer by ICW Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:22 PM
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:52 PM
  • Thanks Donna for the explanation.

Not sure about those calls though they are  "open" and assigned and owned by me.

Must be just a glitch. Did you create your call through a quick campaign?

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:23 PM
  • DOnt worry about it. I must have done something wrong the first time.

I've just created a quick campaign and the new calls are all in my "In Progress" queue

Thanks again

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:28 PM