Activation and Reinstalling RRS feed

• Question

• If I have already activated my PRODUCT KEY but want to reinstall/rebuild my WHS2011 server, do I need to contact Microsoft first?

Not sure how it works as I have never tried. But I don't think it will let me reactivate will it?

Thanks...

Friday, December 9, 2011 5:20 PM

Answers

• If I have already activated my PRODUCT KEY but want to reinstall/rebuild my WHS2011 server, do I need to contact Microsoft first?

Not sure how it works as I have never tried. But I don't think it will let me reactivate will it?

Thanks...

No you don't unless you have made major hardware changes. In that case you would just re-enter the key.

Go for it. You also have the option to restore if you have done a server backup.

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Monday, December 12, 2011 7:17 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 7:29 PM

All replies

Thanks...

No you don't unless you have made major hardware changes. In that case you would just re-enter the key.

Go for it. You also have the option to restore if you have done a server backup.

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Monday, December 12, 2011 7:17 PM
    Friday, December 9, 2011 7:29 PM
  • Thanks kindly Garry! I have "issues" so I don't think a restore is going to do it...lol. See my post below!
    Friday, December 9, 2011 7:35 PM