"Syncing" folders on HP Mediasmart Server running Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• Can I "sync" specific folders on the HP Mediasmart server with folders on my Desktop and Laptop (both running Vista Ultimate) using any / some / all of the following methods:

MS "Sync Center"?

MS "Briefcase"?

3rd Party Sync software, e.g.  "Syncback", "Allway Sync", etc.

Any tips, ideas, suggestions, instructions welcome.

Thanks,

The Wob

Saturday, March 8, 2008 10:46 PM

Answers

• I have been using Always Sync since the release of WHS with no problems at all to sync some critical data as I have the 64 bit version of VIsta which does not support the connector software (at this time).  I am doing this on three machine and so far do not have a prolem.

Mike

Sunday, March 9, 2008 4:55 PM
  • RoboCopy will also work for this, as will SecondCopy. Also, don't use SyncToy, this is one of the programs in the KB which is noted, might cause corruption.

Colin

Sunday, March 9, 2008 6:45 PM

All replies

• I have been using Always Sync since the release of WHS with no problems at all to sync some critical data as I have the 64 bit version of VIsta which does not support the connector software (at this time).  I am doing this on three machine and so far do not have a prolem.

Mike

Sunday, March 9, 2008 4:55 PM
  • RoboCopy will also work for this, as will SecondCopy. Also, don't use SyncToy, this is one of the programs in the KB which is noted, might cause corruption.

Colin

Sunday, March 9, 2008 6:45 PM