Installing PP1 on Virtual PC 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the WHS on virtual pc and have downloaded the PP1 from the net. I tried to mount the ISO image on virtual pc and install the PP1. But it's just keep asking me to put the DVD in the DVD drive and reboot the machine.Is it better for me to burn the ISO image onto a DVD and can I just mount the ISO and install it??Thank you
    Friday, July 18, 2008 1:16 AM

Answers

•  eaout wrote:
    I have installed the WHS on virtual pc and have downloaded the PP1 from the net. I tried to mount the ISO image on virtual pc and install the PP1. But it's just keep asking me to put the DVD in the DVD drive and reboot the machine.Is it better for me to burn the ISO image onto a DVD and can I just mount the ISO and install it??Thank you

Did you download the upgrade package (about 23 MB) or the WHS w/ PP1 iso (about 820 MB)?  If the upgrade package, you need to install it from the server desktop.  If the iso, you need to "boot" from the iso to install.

Friday, July 18, 2008 1:24 AM

All replies

•  eaout wrote:
    I have installed the WHS on virtual pc and have downloaded the PP1 from the net. I tried to mount the ISO image on virtual pc and install the PP1. But it's just keep asking me to put the DVD in the DVD drive and reboot the machine.Is it better for me to burn the ISO image onto a DVD and can I just mount the ISO and install it??Thank you

Did you download the upgrade package (about 23 MB) or the WHS w/ PP1 iso (about 820 MB)?  If the upgrade package, you need to install it from the server desktop.  If the iso, you need to "boot" from the iso to install.

Friday, July 18, 2008 1:24 AM
  • Thanks a lot, got it fixed
    Friday, July 18, 2008 10:38 AM