SyncToySetup.exe is not a valid Win32 Application RRS feed

• Question

• I just downloaded SyncToySetup.exe and tried to run it.  I continually get the message that it is not a valid Win32 application. This was only one of several Apps I downloaded today, all of the others installed OK.

Tried downloading SyncToy several times, always the same error.

I am running WinXP Pro with SP3 installed.

Thanks.

Bryan.

Saturday, July 5, 2008 11:22 PM

Answers

• Delete the contents of the Temporary Internet files folder. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
    b. On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet files.
    c. In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK two times.

Friday, September 19, 2008 12:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Just posted for the same problem. 

Did you sort it out?

Tahnks

Thursday, July 10, 2008 12:20 PM
  • Hi,
    no, I just didn't try it again, I was hoping for a "its fixed" reply here 

Bryan
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:34 PM
  • I am in dual boot XP32 and XP64. I need to have the two data HDs in synchronization when I work with the 64 bits platform as well.

What are you using in the menatime with the 64bits?

Thanks

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

We have had people succesfully install from this setup. Do you think you could retry and see today if this works?

Thanks

Deepa

Saturday, July 12, 2008 12:34 AM
  • Delete the contents of the Temporary Internet files folder. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
    b. On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet files.
    c. In the Delete Files dialog box, click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK two times.

Friday, September 19, 2008 12:37 PM
  •  

I just try your options and it worked,  thanks.  Now I am able to download the driver for my new printer.
    Friday, November 28, 2008 1:19 AM