Divx Nightmares! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey Guys,

Just uprgaded to a laptop with pre-loaded Vista on it, all going well, until I installed the Divx Bundle, with the Web Player, all went well instaled fine, the problems arouse when i attempted to use it, firstly it just shut down the internet explorer saying that there was a problem and then jsut shut it down with no explanation at all. Its a nightmare I have tried everything that i can think of, al the forums say that there is a compatability issue but surely this cant be true! I have tried setting it up as though in XP and nope nothing, same problem!

So if anyone has any ideas or fixes please let me know! Really getting quite annyoed now!

Cheers

Sunday, January 6, 2008 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You might get better answers in a Vista forum - this one is specifically for the Windows Home Server software.

Having said that, someone might be along who has some ideas!

Colin

Sunday, January 6, 2008 5:57 PM
  •  

You can try k-lite software, it should fix your problems.  Here is the link.

http://www.filehippo.com/download/4a341200c0d7da2016f9bb0f37bbdd28/download/

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:50 PM
  • Is this the best codec pack for WHS?  All my video files are MP4 format, and I was hoping to stream them to my d-link 320. (although the upcoming PVConnect package may end up doing this as well.)

I had also tried WebGuide for broadband streaming, but it only worked on MPEG

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:59 PM
  •  

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:01 PM
  •  

I have WHS connected to the DSM-320 and all works wonderfully.  I have a mix of mostly DiVX and MPEG, but they all play through the DSM, not through CODECs on the server itself.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 5:03 PM
  • When I tried it, the DSM couldn't find the video folders, yet it found and displayed the photos and music folders normally.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 5:33 PM