Using existing homeserver.com domain with WHS 2011 RC RRS feed

• Question

• Is anybody else having trouble with the Remote Web Access domain name setup? When I get to the screen that asks me to Sign In To Windows Live [I'm using my paid hotmail e-mail account], all I get is an error that says my user name or password is incorrect.  I KNOW I am typing them correctly. What am I doing wrong?
    Friday, February 11, 2011 12:03 AM

Answers

• I had this problem which caused me no end of headaches, because the problem is MS has moved their Domain Name servers to a new platform which does not support special characters in the password thus causing the error. So if you log in to LIve first and change your password that will cure your problem. MS are aware of this and are workin on a fix for it. Unfortunately for me before I eventually found out about his I had changed my login, deleted my old long standing account and released my preferred Domain name I had, which is all now lost and not retrievable.

Colin

Friday, February 11, 2011 12:13 AM
  • Just on top of what Colin said, to get the update when it's ready, you'll have to OPT-IN to Microsoft Update, which is on the homepage of the dashboard.
    Friday, February 11, 2011 12:22 AM

All replies

• I had this problem which caused me no end of headaches, because the problem is MS has moved their Domain Name servers to a new platform which does not support special characters in the password thus causing the error. So if you log in to LIve first and change your password that will cure your problem. MS are aware of this and are workin on a fix for it. Unfortunately for me before I eventually found out about his I had changed my login, deleted my old long standing account and released my preferred Domain name I had, which is all now lost and not retrievable.

Colin

Friday, February 11, 2011 12:13 AM
  • Just on top of what Colin said, to get the update when it's ready, you'll have to OPT-IN to Microsoft Update, which is on the homepage of the dashboard.
    Friday, February 11, 2011 12:22 AM
  • Wow, I glad I asked the question here!  I do have a couple of special characters in my password.  I'll give that a try.
    Friday, February 11, 2011 12:23 AM
  • Yep, the password change seems to have solved the problem.  Thanks!!
    Friday, February 11, 2011 12:29 AM