Volume Snapshot error - PP1 installed RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

The last couple of weeks I have been getting an error that the Shadow Copy Service has had an error and has been shut down unexpectedly. I went into the event log and saw this:

There was insufficient disk space on volume C:\fs\D to grow the shadow copy storage for shadow copies of C:\fs\D.  As a result of this failure all shadow copies of volume C:\fs\D are at risk of being deleted.

I have 10.5GB free on my C: partition. Any ideas?

I am running WHS with PP1

Erik
    • Edited by Erik Fair Saturday, September 6, 2008 9:56 PM Spelling
    Saturday, September 6, 2008 9:52 PM

Answers

• Erik,
    It is a normal server message, telling you that there is not enough space on the disk to maintain so called Shadow Copies. As WHS does not use the Shadow Copies you can safely ignore the message.

Theo.

Btw: C:\fs\D points to one of the [edit] non-system drives.

No home server like Home Server
    Saturday, September 6, 2008 10:11 PM

All replies

• Erik,
    It is a normal server message, telling you that there is not enough space on the disk to maintain so called Shadow Copies. As WHS does not use the Shadow Copies you can safely ignore the message.

Theo.

Btw: C:\fs\D points to one of the [edit] non-system drives.

Saturday, September 6, 2008 10:11 PM
  • Thanks - and that is good to know. Just as an FYI - I have been running WHS since Beta 2, and have never gotten that message until last week. And I copied the note directly from the error log, so if it said "D" than that is what it is. And none of my drives are external.

Thanks for the heads up.

Erik
    • Edited by Erik Fair Monday, September 8, 2008 1:16 AM Spelling
    Monday, September 8, 2008 1:16 AM
  • Erik,
    Sorry for the confusion,
    I actually ment "non-system drives" (= additional drives in the WHS storage pool).

Monday, September 8, 2008 6:16 PM