obtain entity by filtered views? RRS feed

• Question

• is it possible in MS CRM to obtain a dynamic entity and perform queries on it via a filtered view? Does such a thing exist?

Currently I am giving it the entityname (new_EntityName) and also if I wanted to give it the names of columns to bring back or to perform a query on it is usually in the format of "new_ColumnName"

Thanks

Friday, July 6, 2007 10:04 AM

Answers

• Try updating your web reference in Visual Studio. When using dynamic entities, this is not required, but I'm not sure if you're doing it. If you don't use dynamic entities, your client application only knows about the properties you had at compile time.

Saturday, July 7, 2007 5:36 PM

All replies

• ok, I think I kind of found the answer.

it seems to be that the WebServices uses the Filtered views to retrieve back the data. If thats the case, awesome! However I am still having the issue of the fact that it doesn't return back all columns, even though they have values in them.

For example if I add a new column in a custom entity called "WorkType", it is known as "new_worktype" - thats cool and say we place a value in here. When I tell the webservice to get me AllColumns(), it seems not to bring back the "new_worktype" column at all, even though I am assigned a system administrator role.

It does however bring back SOME but not ALL custom attributes (which contain values)

any ideas?

Friday, July 6, 2007 10:38 AM
  • Try updating your web reference in Visual Studio. When using dynamic entities, this is not required, but I'm not sure if you're doing it. If you don't use dynamic entities, your client application only knows about the properties you had at compile time.

Saturday, July 7, 2007 5:36 PM