Outlook & CRM Sync problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a problem with one of the users in our network.  When I try to set up her machine to sync between her outlook and crm, I get an error message "An error has occured.  Contact your System Administrator"  This happens when I go into Options under CRM and try to set the Sync.  It also happens if I try to run the sync.  I took a look and she isn't marked to have restrictive access and does have the proper permission to perform and Outlook Sync.  I also have uninstalled both Outlook 2007 and CRM from the machine but I still get the same error.

I would appreciate any help.  BTW we are running MS CRM 3.0 with Update rollup 2.  I also don't have a problem with anyone else in the network being able to sync.

Thanks,

Shannon

Monday, September 22, 2008 6:21 PM

Answers

• I've seen issues like this one, and they can be hard to troubleshoot, especially with 3.0.  4.0 makes it easier to troubleshoot, as it has a built in diagnostic tool.

You have done the common troubleshooting steps (uninstalled, reinstalled, etc).

Check her event log on her workstation--are there any error messages relating to CRM?

You mentioned that you are running crm 3.0 w/ update rollup 2.  Are you running the v3c release of the outlook client on her machine? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&DisplayLang=en)  Have you installed just the server rollup, or also the workstation rollup 2?

Rollup 3 has been released, and there were several issues it resolved with the Outlook client and 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d5b1fbbe-dfc2-4a33-b5fd-cae99e8e9dab&DisplayLang=en

It would be worth a try.

Is she running any other COM add-ins in Outlook?  Is Business Contact Manager running?  If so, remove them.  they can conflict.

If, after all that, you still have these issues, I strongly recommend that you contact Microsoft support.  They have always been very helpful in resolving these kinds of issues, and can diagnose some of the deep network issues that can cause these kinds of issues.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:56 AM