locked
Plugin Registration Tool Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • I got an error while trying to register plugin using the plugin registration tool in the SDK. The problem comes out of nowhere since before today I always able to do plugin registration using the tool with ease.

    The error message is this:

    Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException:

    An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party.

    I've done my searching and already try some steps that commonly suggested which are:

    1. Deleting the LiveDevice.xml file  under Users\{username}\LiveDeviceID
    2. Deleting the Connections.config file within the Plugin Registration Folder
    3. Reboot the PC

    4. Making sure the discovery url is correct (using: https://disco.crm5.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc)

    However, I still can't resolve my issue, anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:01 AM

Answers

  •  I check the Dynamic CRM Online 2011 timezone, turns out it is set to (GMT +8 Krasnoyarsk), since I live in Singapore I changed it into (GMT +8 Singapore, Kuala Lumpur).

    It is a long shot since the GMT is the same (+8), but I try it anyway and turns out it fixed the problem, I double check and change it again into Krasnoyarsk and again it's not working.

    I'm not sure why this is causing it, since it is the same GMT, but for now I'll settle with this, maybe I'll raise a new topic for this later.

    Thanks!

    • Marked as answer by Anthony2885 Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:36 AM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:36 AM

All replies

  • Additional Info:

    I also already use the latest sdk and my environment is Windows 8 - 64 bit, thanks.

    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:06 AM
  •  I check the Dynamic CRM Online 2011 timezone, turns out it is set to (GMT +8 Krasnoyarsk), since I live in Singapore I changed it into (GMT +8 Singapore, Kuala Lumpur).

    It is a long shot since the GMT is the same (+8), but I try it anyway and turns out it fixed the problem, I double check and change it again into Krasnoyarsk and again it's not working.

    I'm not sure why this is causing it, since it is the same GMT, but for now I'll settle with this, maybe I'll raise a new topic for this later.

    Thanks!

    • Marked as answer by Anthony2885 Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:36 AM
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:36 AM