Failing to connect to Live Mesh? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using Live Mesh on two PC's  (both XP) for a week or so without problem, until today. On booting my laptop and entering my password on the live mesh login window, live mash fails to connect. The live mesh logo (normally blue) remains grey and on occasions has a yellow explanation mark on it also. Holding my mouse cursor over the icon gives the messge "unable to connect to live mesh. Please check your network connectivity". As far as I can my network connectivity is all fine (i.e. I can access the internet etc). If I log into the web interface of live mesh, on the devices page, my work desktop PC appears as I would expect, however my laptop (the problematic machine above) appears with a explanation mark and the  text: "the device is remotely accessible but not synchronizing. Access the device and make sure you're signed into Live Mesh."

Any advice on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The first step here would be to submit your Live Mesh logs from the computer having the problem.  You can collect your logs by going to Start Menu > All Programs > Live Mesh > Collect Live Mesh Logs.  This will generate a .cab file on your desktop, and you can email that file to lmprev@microsoft.com.  We can then take a look and see what's going on.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:58 PM