Schema management with Sql Compact 3.5 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I recall that there were several posts when Sync Fx v2 was in beta regarding the idea of being able to manipulate the schema in the CE database... everyone on the Sync Fx team basically came back and stated that we need to drop relationships, create a new table, move the data, delete the existing table, rename the new table to the old one, and then re-create the relationships...

I was wondering if anyone has made any progress with this, and come up with a better solution?

I have two issues with doing it in this manner...
    1) I haven't found any resources where I can re-attach the table to start recording syncronization data again...
    2) I wouldn't be shocked if the entire table, which could contain 100's of 1,000's of records, would force an update to the server.  I need to avoid this if at all possible.  My fear is that the project I'm doing is usually on mobile broadband/dialup, or other forms of small pipeline Internet connections, and I want to transmit minimal data if at all possible.

Now that I've become "dependent" on using the Sync Fx, I'd hate to have to go back to building my own Fx to support what is being done already, but am starting to see that maybe I would do better, to make it easier to do what it is that I need.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:44 AM