CRM 2011: Move deployment from one Server to another RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two CRM deployments CRM 4.0 and CRM 2011. For CRM 4.0 , i have one CRM Web Server and one SQL Server with reporting services on the same sql Server box. Lets call these server CRMW4 and CRMS4. I have same configuration for CRM 2011 and lets call those servers CRMW2011 and CRMS2011.

I do not need CRM 4.0 configuration. I wanna move my SQL Server from CRMS2011 to CRMS4. I wanna use SQL Server box that I have for CRM 4.0 deployment as that server has better  hardware configuration. Please suggest, how can i do this.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to move your CRM 2011 SQL Server to CRM4S then you have to do the following steps:

1. In CRM4S you can not have MSCRM_CONFIG database of both CRM 4.0 and CRM 2011 in a single SQL Server instance, either you have to remove MSCRM_CONFIG of CRM 4.0 and then need to restore CRM 2011 MSCRM_CONFIG or you have install SQL Server another named instance for CRM 2011 MSCRM_CONFIG and OrgName_MSCRM databases.

2. Restore CRM 2011 MSCRM_CONFIG and <ORGNAME_MSCRM> databases into the SQL Server

3. Uninstall CRM 2011 from CRMW2011

4. Install CRM 2011 on CRMW2011 during setup on the Specify Deployment Options pageselect connect to an existing deployment. In the Enter or select the name of the computer that is running SQL Server to use with the deployment box, type or select the instance of SQL Server that will be used to store the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database (MSCRM_CONFIG)

5. Complete CRM installation

You may also reffer to the steps mention in this TechNet CRM 2011 Move Deployment Step by Step Guide: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg554682.aspx

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by myCRMGuy Monday, August 15, 2011 4:47 AM
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 3:48 PM