Yet another Office Validation failure. RRS feed

• Question

• I am a consultant, and this is the first time I have had this issue with Office 2003 Small Business Edition validation.

My customer ownes a VLK for this product, and it covers 45 seats.

I've followed the threads in this group to try to resolve this issue, and it has not helped. I have downloaded the M$ validation tool, and have this information to provide you:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 2fe1426b-d42b-4407-b64b-626cb517f444
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.723.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.540.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-150-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>2fe1426b-d42b-4407-b64b-626cb517f444</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-265130306-4104140410-2974968016</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Model>Dell DM051                   </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.                </Manufacturer><Version>A02</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20051013000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>5469390F0184F47C</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell Dimension DM051</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>70141-640-0000106-57826</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

I would love to get this resolved, as we've paid for and expect to have it patched before Office 2003 is retired...

Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:57 PM

Answers

• Is your customer located in the Northwest region of the United States? This product is registered specifically to a large corporation based in the NW of the US.

What is your customer's volume license agreement number? I can contact him directly via a lookup with the Microsoft Volume License Agreement number to help diagnose his issue further, and to see if he is using the wrong product key.

-phil

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:37 PM

All replies

• John,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information and posting on the thread. Diagnostic results help our team find resolutions. I have extracted a portion of your diagnostic results to review with you.

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with  Office Professional Edition  and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install Office is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked. As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Office XP Pro is an unauthorized installation. You will need to uninstall Office and use the product key that came with your Office Professional Edition.  It may be affixed to the CD cover or jewel case on a yellow/orange sticker.     

As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution.  First,  if this comes as a total surprise to you, please go back to where you purchased or were issued Office and let them know it is a counterfeit copy and request they reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK statuses.  In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of Office to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your Office.  You may be a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. Reporting piracy to Microsoft will help alleviate others in becoming victims such as yourself. You may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office.  For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/. It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

If you still believe your VLK is Genuine please refer to the following steps to confirm either genuine or non-genuine status: 

1) If you are a Microsoft Volume Licensing customer you should contact your Reseller and address the issue with them directly.

2) Refer to this site for information concerning VLK’s http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/vol/default.mspx#EJG

3) If your reseller did not keep a record of your key, is unable to assist you or can no longer be contacted please call the appropriate number here to confirm your Volume Licensing Agreement directly with Microsoft. The below Licensing FAQ will provide you with all the information needed to contact Microsoft directly about your Volume Licensing agreement:

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/faq.mspx

4) If you believe you have been sold counterfeit software you can provide Piracy information using the below link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/Reporting.mspx 

5) If your issue is still not resolved you may Purchase a copy of Windows XP or if you believe you have an existing valid Product Key and change the existing product key using the following MS Knowledge base article to change the VLK only. This will not work when trying to change the Blocked VLK to a Retail or OEM Product Key.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328874/en-us

6) If you are attempting to change the existing key to a valid OEM or Retail key please follow the repair installation outlined in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315341

Good news your Windows installation did pass validation and is genuine, so that's great news. Again I am sorry to hear about your situation. In turn I hope the information will help you with getting a resolution. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Stephen Holm MS

Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:26 PM
  • This is a business, and my licensing came directly from TechData, one of your VAR's.

The licensing is correct. This is not the first time I've used VLK's for my customers.

My customer would like to be able to continue using this product, but if we can't get updates to buggy software, maybe this is a time to look to ooO?
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 4:16 PM
  • Is your customer located in the Northwest region of the United States? This product is registered specifically to a large corporation based in the NW of the US.

What is your customer's volume license agreement number? I can contact him directly via a lookup with the Microsoft Volume License Agreement number to help diagnose his issue further, and to see if he is using the wrong product key.

-phil

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:37 PM