Using essential register for manual entry only- online update not available RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to understand how to transfer from one account to another without incurring expense as debit/credit notation.

Previous response indicated the transfer has to be done as essential register.

The essential register description shows this should be used for online updates. My bank doesn't provide online services.

If I use the essential register and only create manual entries. does this create problems with other functions? Reports, etc.,

MsMoney a big learning curve from Quicken.

Thank youi.

• Edited by Maxus101011 Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:45 PM

Answers

• I would set
    Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->DisplayAllAccountsInTheAdvancedAccountRegister

Then for the category, go to the bottom of the list under SPECIAL
    and use *that* transfer.

• Marked as answer by Maxus101011 Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:23 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 10:03 PM

All replies

• If an entry is in the wrong account, right click on the entry and select "Cut and Paste to Account...".

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:28 PM
  • Money has a lot of features and capabilities so there is definitely a learning curve.  If you haven't found it already, this site is a good resource:

http://moneymvps.org/faq/default.aspx

More specifically, it is not correct that Money only supports transfers between accounts with the Essential register.  Using the Advanced register you can enter a transfer from one account to another and this will, correctly, not show as an expense or income.  And manually entered transactions will show up properly in reports, cash flow, etc.

In fact, if you are using a recent version of Money, the Essential register option is gone because the Money program itself no longer has the capability to do online updates.  You can, of course, still download transactions as an OFX or QFX file and import them into Money.

We are happy to help.  If you have additional questions, be sure to state the version of Money that you are using.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:00 PM
  • I would set
    Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->DisplayAllAccountsInTheAdvancedAccountRegister

Then for the category, go to the bottom of the list under SPECIAL
    and use *that* transfer.

• Marked as answer by Maxus101011 Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:23 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 10:03 PM
  • I agree with Cal. You cannot do transfers using an Essential register.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Thursday, January 31, 2019 5:02 PM