miniconda error on startup RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I'm just getting started learning Python, and had installed Miniconda, then uninstalled it to replace it with full Anaconda. Now, every time I open up Powershell, I get the error below immediately on startup. Any idea why it's doing this and how I can fix it?

---

& : The term 'C:\Users\maims\Miniconda3\Scripts\conda.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script
    file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct
    and try again.
    At C:\Users\maims\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\profile.ps1:4 char:4
    + (& "C:\Users\maims\Miniconda3\Scripts\conda.exe" "shell.powershell" " ...
    +    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Users\maims\...ripts\conda.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

• Changed type jrv Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:41 AM off-topic
    • Moved by jrv Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:41 AM abandoned
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:05 PM

All replies

• This is not a conda forum.  Please post your issue in a conda forum for assistance.  You clearly do not have the product installed correctly.  e cannot help you with that as it is not a PowerShell issue.

To understand what is happening please read the whole error message carefully as it describes exactly what the problem is and where the line of code that is causing the error is located.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 5:48 PM
  • If you uninstalled the product why are you still referencing the directory (Minconda3) where it used to be????

I don't think that's a problem with PowerShell or Anaconda so much as a PEBKAC situation! :-)

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange Ex-MVP (16 years)

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:09 PM
  • Just to be clear, this happens the moment I open PowerShell. I haven't done anything yet, it says this the moment it starts up.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:37 PM
  • The point is that I am not referencing the directory at all, this error appears the moment I start PowerShell, without me doing anything. I'm trying to figure out why it's spitting this error out on its own, immediately.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:37 PM
  • The point is that I am not referencing the directory at all, this error appears the moment I start PowerShell, without me doing anything. I'm trying to figure out why it's spitting this error out on its own, immediately.

Please read there error message carefully. It tells you exactly what is causing this.  Once you address the cause the issue will go away.

To work with any technology it is important to read all messages and errors and understand them.  If we don't understand then that means we need to do some research to learn how to read and understand these messages.  You cannot rely on others to do this research and thinking for you.

Consider this a chance to learn some basic things about computers and PowerShell.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:15 PM
  • Of course it does! You have that line in your PowerShell profile!

Open the file "C:\Users\maims\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\profile.ps1" and remove the line!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:35 PM
  • I guess I have to realize that most people trying to use computers today haven't learned how to read.  I am beginning to accept that this is hopeless.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:45 PM
  • I gotta admit . . . sometime that (the not reading part) applies to me, too. :-(

Every now and then I wind up sticking my fingers in the fire first.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:54 PM
  • Yes but newer people to computing don't seem to know how to read.  Even with multiple views of a simple sentence they cannot pick out he important parts.  This leads them to not reading much and not being able to extract information from what they read. 

My question is how did so many new to technology get here without gaining this ability.  The lack is well documented and has been for at least the last ten years.

I try to coerce people to try and read because, if they learn to overcome that deficiency, all other things will become much easier.

Yes.  We all get lazy or in too much of a hurry.  It is a common blunder that I have paid a proce for numerous times.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 10:01 PM
  • Hi,
    As this thread has been quiet for a while, so here is a quick question.Was your issue resolved? 
    If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,
    Yang Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:31 AM