Server Error - 403: Forbidden RRS feed

• Question

• A while back I tried to install Wordpress via the Web Platforms Installer on my WHS2011 server, but it then broke the connect site for the server, and now that I have a new comouter, I need the connector files (for Mac). Uninstalling the Wordpress install didn't do anything to fix it unfortunately, and it was so long ago, I can't remember what settings and such I used when installing it!

Any ideas on how I can fix the connect site? :)

Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:27 AM

All replies

• "Reinstall Windows Home Server" is the obvious answer, if you want complete functionality back. Short of that, on Lion the Mac "connector" does very little for you. Primarily I think it maps your server's shares for access, a task you can complete by hand. The backup configuration doesn't work in Lion (it's not possible to point Time Machine in Lion to an SMB share) and Lion includes it's own Launchpad (which serves a different purpose) so the Windows Home Server Launchpad won't install without renaming the one from Lion (renaming installed applications will quickly lead you down a rabbit hole of update issues; I don't recommend it).

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Is there anyway to reinstall WHS without restoring from a backup (I stupidly overlooked the need to backup my backup server)?

I tried booting from the DVD, but it seems my only options are to restore from a backup, or to erase the whole boot drive and create a new install.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:09 PM
  • On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:05:30 +0000, Ken Warren [MVP] wrote:

Lion includes it's own Launchpad (which serves a different purpose) so the Windows Home Server Launchpad won't install without renaming the one from Lion (renaming installed applications will quickly lead you down a rabbit hole of update issues; I don't recommend it).

If I recall correctly this has been corrected in the latest rollup.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    System going down at 5 pm to install scheduler bug.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:14 PM
  • If I recall correctly this has been corrected in the latest rollup.

True. I don't have a Mac joined to my server, so I can't address how well implemented the Microsoft fix is.

However, there are two known issues introduced by update rollup 2, both related to software updates in Lion (in this case, "related to" = functionality around software updates is broken). Until those issues have been fixed, I'm unable to recommend the installation of UR2 for any Mac user.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Edited by Ken Warren Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:55 PM
    Saturday, March 10, 2012 1:54 PM