Tune Up Report RRS feed

• Question

• My tune up ran this morning, this is the report.

Remove unnecessary files; the task was not performed.

Defrag the hard disk: An unknown error prevented Tune-Up from performing this task.

Scan for viruses: OK

Check for files needing backup; Not using.

Check for needed security updates: Your computer is not current.

I went to the update site and there were no updates needed.

If all this program did was perform a virus scan, I can get a boat load of these programs free from the net.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:42 PM

Answers

• OneCare can and does much more than scan for viruses. The cleanup and defrag "errors" reported are known issues and being addressed. If you've chosen not to use backup, you're like me - I use a different backup solution.

-steve

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 6:42 PM

All replies

• OneCare can and does much more than scan for viruses. The cleanup and defrag "errors" reported are known issues and being addressed. If you've chosen not to use backup, you're like me - I use a different backup solution.

-steve

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 6:42 PM
  • Oh, I failed to respond to the check for updates entry. Is your status green or has it changed to yellow due to the report stating that you are not current? If it is green, that sounds like a report problem, especially if you went to Windows Update and found none waiting.

-steve

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 6:44 PM
  • My status is orange.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 8:00 PM
  • If you would please file a bug on Connect - see the Bug Submission Guide for how - http://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=3480&SiteID=168

Thanks,

-steve

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:24 AM