How do I configure more than 3 pc's. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have 5 pc's.  I can find no information on how to configure more than 3.  I am happy to purchase the second lincense for the additional 2 pc's but I cannot find a way to do that.  Seems the only recourse is to set up two accounts, one account with 3 pc's and another account with 2 pc's.  Is there a better way?
    Friday, January 23, 2009 5:28 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, you have answered your own question. OneCare subscriptions are tied to a LiveID and only one subscription per LiveID. Since you have have 3 computers installed with the same LiveID, that means you must use a different LiveID for the other 2 (or 3) computers for a second subscription.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Friday, January 23, 2009 6:19 PM
  • Initially I tried to link 4 pc's to one id and hoped the system would prompt me to buy an additional license.  That did not happen and now I've got a bit of a problem.  The system revoked one of the registrations and the pc it chose (at random ?) happened to be the hub.  I re-installed and relinked it and all is well with the hub.  I am concerned about loosing it again though.

Question:  How do I unlink one of the other pc's and register it with a different account id?  There seems to be no direct web interface to the my account settings in the Microsoft database.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 5:58 PM
  • From the hub PC, select the PC you wish to remove and click the link to remove it from within OneCare, manage your OneCare Circle.

Once it is removed, the PC will become unsubscribed and you can activate with the new LiveID for your second subscription. 

If the activation dialog already contains a LiveID from a prior attempt or one used in trial mode, but this is not the one you need to activate with to associate it with your subscription, see this post for how to reset this - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/f5ce50e4-9165-40a5-891b-fe5d0659738b

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, January 26, 2009 2:38 PM