CRM 2011: Primary Key in a view RRS feed

• Question

• hello forum

i have the lead entity with the primary key "name". so on the form i removed that field because i dont need it in that way. now i have the problem that many views have this field as a column which cannot be removed. or in the lookup it's the active attribute which will be shown in the lookup. in my way always empty. so is it possible to change that somehow?

thanks for your hint!

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:34 AM

Answers

• i now build the subject field on the firstname field and it works as expected.
    • Marked as answer by CRMBE Monday, August 13, 2012 8:47 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hi, If you are using CRM 4 you can't remove it from some system views like Lookup view. But in both Crm 4 and 2011, you can't change it from being the value shown on N:1 lookup fields. You'll need to create a plugin to auto populate the name field.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 13, 2012 7:48 AM
    Answerer
  • thanks scott! it's 2011. so i need a plugin or need the creat an own entity where i define the primary key?
    Monday, August 13, 2012 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

That would be the best way, but if you are never using bulk edit or import, you could use JavaScript. The name attribute isn't really a primary key (that is the id field) it is just the field that Crm uses to display where ever it needs a text name for a record (eg lookup fields, and form titles etc.)

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:32 AM
    Answerer
  • i now build the subject field on the firstname field and it works as expected.
    • Marked as answer by CRMBE Monday, August 13, 2012 8:47 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 8:47 AM