Power Pack 3 RRS feed

• Question

• I am upgrading my computers to Win7 this week.  From what I've read the final PP3 release is not coming out until the end of the year.  My question is will I have to download the pp3 beta for my WHS to work properly with my win7 computers?
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 3:56 PM

All replies

• Power Pack 3 includes compatibility fixes for Windows 7, so it would probably be a good idea...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:09 PM
  • Thanks Ken, I'll go and download it now.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:12 PM
  • Win 7 works fine with WHS Powerpack 2. I have not installed the beta. Just remember that beta is a risk you take testing code
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:58 PM
  • Win 7 works fine with WHS Powerpack 2. I have not installed the beta. Just remember that beta is a risk you take testing code
    I'm going to have to side with Evaders99 on this one.  Unless you have everything backed up that you have saved on your server, I would recommend not installing PP3 beta on your production server.  First, you will have to remember to manually uninstall the beta version in order to install the retail bits when they are released.  Second, as Evaders99 said, 7 works just fine without PP3 installed.  Third, it's beta code.  No matter how you slice it, there is still a potential hazard with the code (no matter how slight it may be).  The only exception I would even consider to that would be is if, after you install 7 (and before installing a ton of apps), you notice parts of WHS not working correctly that did work before with XP and/or Vista.
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:22 AM
  • I would say there is a potential hazard with any code, beta or not.  Remember the MP3 issue at launch?  The PP3 code has been in circulation for a while and I have installed and used it for a few months with no problems with Windows 7 and Vista. 
    Monday, October 26, 2009 1:45 PM
  • FYI, I bought a new EX 495 a few weeks ago and had nothing but problems with it UNTIL I installed PP3 Beta.  It's been working like a champ with PP3 Beta.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 9:30 PM