Backup Failed Notifications After Computer Removed from Backup Schedule RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, guys --

Thanks for the quick response last time. It seemed to solve my problem quite quickly.

Just wondering about the annoying "Backup Failed" balloons that pop up in all of the PCs of my network. My first backup of my laptop failed, but it's not a critical computer and I don't have much server space, so I turned off backups for that computer, deleted the existing failed backup, and ran Cleanup. The notifications haven't stopped and I'm getting them continually because my network health is supposedly at risk. Is there some way to restore my network health and stop the balloons from constantly irritating me? I tried turning them back off and on again but it's telling me that it can't connect to my laptop, even when I'm accessing the console FROM my laptop.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:33 AM

Answers

• I think the best that can be done with the current Beta is to uninstall the WHS Connector on the laptop and remove the client from the WHS Server.  (Go to HLKM/Software/Microsoft/Windows Home Server/Transport/Clients, find the laptop's key in the list and remove it.  Reboot WHS.)  

The laptop can still access the shared folders using another account and you can run the WHS Console by remoting into the WHS server.  You will loose the ability to remote in to the laptop using WHS remote access, but if you have your laptop with you, its no loss.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 5:43 AM