Backup Not Yet Performed RRS feed

• Question

• Every couple of months when I go to do my backup, OneCare tells me it is "Not yet Performed"  and I can't do an express backup.  That means I have to go in, change the permissions, delete my old backup and then run a complete new one.  I have tried reinstalling OneCare.  The only thing I can think of is that I try to turn off my external drive to save power and that for some reason OneCare loses its memory that I have a previous backup when that occurs.

Any suggestions? 
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 12:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello daburian, the one scenario I can imagine that might cause this would be adding a USB device while your external drive is turned off thereby assigning the drive letter previously assigned to backup device to the new device. Then, having a different drive letter assigned to your backup device would cause One Care to be unable to find your previous backups.
    Jim
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 2:33 PM
  • Jim,

The external drive is the same letter as always.  I do turn it off, but when it comes back, it is the same drive letter.

Dennis
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 2:57 PM
  • Hello Dennis, since that is not the cause and reinstalling did not resolve the issue I suggest contacting support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 3:59 PM